Why Central Air Conditioning Is A Good Investment
Posted on: 30 January 2015Share
If you own a home without central air conditioning, you likely debate at least once or twice a year whether or not you should install such a system, probably in July or August. While room air conditioners can be more cost-effective, at least in the short run, there are many good reasons to make the switch to central air.
Advantages of a central air system over room air conditioners
1. More even temperature. Room air conditioners only cool one room or one area of the house. With central air conditioning, your entire home will be one even temperature.
2. Greater energy efficiency. Because you have one central cooling system rather than two or three (or more) window units cooling your home, you'll use less energy to achieve a better result. Using less energy also means that your utility bills will be lower.
3. Less noise. Room air conditioning units can be noisy. They're distracting when you're trying to work and they inhibit conversation, not to mention disrupt a quiet evening or a moment with a good book. A central air system is much quieter. All you hear is the blower.
4. No unsightly boxes hanging from your windows. Room air conditioners are also unattractive and can mar your summer curb appeal with the units hanging out of various windows.
5. You don't have to lug a central air system around. An additional benefit to central air conditioning is that you don't have to haul heavy and awkward window units to and from storage and fit them in the window each season.
6. You can see out of your windows again. It's difficult, if not impossible, to look out your windows when there's a window air conditioning unit staring back at you. When you install central air, you get to gaze out your windows again.
7. Boosts your property value. Central air conditioning can be a real draw when it comes time to put your house on the market. Prospective buyers know that's one thing that they won't have to spend money on once they move it. Some house hunters won't even look at houses without central air.
8. Filters the air. Most central air systems include an air filter that helps to remove not only dust and dirt, but allergens like pet dander and pollen.
While a central air system isn't the right choice for every homeowner, central air is quieter, more efficient and even adds to your property value. Talk to experts like Coastal Heating and Cooling for more information.